It started with eight disparate companies and two words: People and Purpose.
That was in September 2019.
In the intervening months since Telstra Purple continued to provide meaningful digital transformation and technology solutions to customer problems, the world fundamentally changed.
COVID meant that in a very short amount of time, organisations planning a digital transformation had to rapidly adapt to survive. A plan to transform across five years, rapidly became an execution in five months; improving digital experiences, enabling at-home workforces, securing expanded perimeters, and saving money.
COVID may have been the dominant theme for the world the past 15 months, but it’s not the only story.
Telstra Purple, powered by Telstra’s network and infrastructure, with 1500 digital experts and partnerships with the world’s largest technology companies including Amazon Web Services and Microsoft – rose to the challenge.
- We helped the Victorian Government in the development of RideSpace – a mobile-optimised website that helps passengers figure out how busy a particular train station or service might be.
- We helped the RAAF deliver virtual reality technology through our delivery and supply of Microsoft HoloLens.
- We helped Ambulance Victoria with its investment and development in technology in being able to better track and monitor the number of ICU beds, ventilators, personal protection equipment and patient status.
- We helped UniSuper with a roll out of Office 365 and TCO365 to connect with their 450,000 members and deliver immediate efficiency. This was scaled in days after the reality of the pandemic hit and most organisations sent their employees to work from home.
- We helped Brisbane wholesale bakery, Wild Breads, connect digitally, and directly with its customers. As COVID affected their ability to sell their own product through smaller markets and health food stores, we helped the bakery connect directly with customers so they could continue selling their niche fruit loafs, canape rolls, and sliders. Customers can now place their orders directly online with Wild Breads, and have the delivery come straight to them.
Telstra Purple was born out of a belief that it is people (and solutions) that give purpose to our technology. We want to deliver real solutions to customers.
In our infancy our goal was to better address the needs of our customers by bringing our technology and services acquisitions (combined with our tech services capabilities) under the one umbrella.
Telstra Purple offers a new way for customers to transform their business that could help them adapt to the environment now and deliver lasting change for their business; by empowering them with digital transformation experts who can leverage our unrivalled global partnerships and Telstra's advanced network and adaptive capabilities.
No more Business as usual (too much talk, not enough action, PowerPoint after PowerPoint). More Business unusual (taking action, driving lasting change).
Today, we are one of Australia’s largest providers of Amazon Web Services and Microsoft Azure cloud solutions, with our customer transformation and services capabilities accelerated by our company acquisitions.
All of this change has meant it’s been anything but ‘business as usual’. It’s been business unusual.
The story of the past few years has been about the unexpected, and being adaptable and rising to the challenge.
What brings Telstra Purple together today is our People, Partnerships and the Power of Telstra.
Stay tuned, you are going to be seeing a lot more about us in the coming weeks and months ahead.